Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fuzzi Wan is not himself...

My wife says that I shouldn’t be negative in my blog writings. She says no one wants to read negative crap about what ever I am in the mood to rant about. So, from now on I am going to be positive about my negative crap rantings.

So, here goes. Our little dog, Remington, died about a three weeks ago and it was a shock to all of us, us being Patricia-the wife, Olivia-the daughter and me the emotional rock. I can get choked up at the sight of someone walking their dog. Like today, I stopped and talked with this woman that had a really outstanding Wheaten softcoat terrier. I told her that I was a little emotional since our dog died. She said the obligatory, I am so sorry for your loss. I thanked her and asked her about her terrier. She is about 5yrs old, not sure as she was a rescue. I reached down to pet her and discovered that Wheaten Terriers have the softest hair I have ever felt, even softer than our little Bichon. I feel disloyal somehow. I am in that uncomfortable place where I don’t want another dog yet because it doesn’t feel right, too soon. This really sucks. I feel worse than when some humans I know have died. Of course that could be because they never slept in my lap while I watched old movies. That is an image I don’t want in my head. My old fishing buddy curled up and dreaming of big redfish, whimpering and making reeling motions with his hands, like Remy used to with his legs when he was dreaming of chasing something, the neighbors cat most likely. That last was a bit confusing but you'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment